How to Succeed When Carrying out Waxing for Men
March 26, 2019
In the past, was only done by the female gender and a man wanting to have his hair removed by waxing was a rare occurrence and the only people that underwent this process were the celebrity males. These days, however, more men prefer to have a waxing process to help them stay free from unwanted hair for a longer duration. They will be able to take a walk along the beach bare-chested without attracting any undue attention as a result of excessive body hair.
Unlike the female clients who will be easily lured into a spa for a waxing procedure, having male clients in your waxing spa will demand more effort and extra skills. Below are some of the means that can be used to get more men to come to your spa for waxing:
- Use a masculine language: When selling out your waxing spa to male clients, do not use an enticing language. Men want to know the facts and also want an assurance that what you are offering will help in overcoming the problem of excessive hair growth. You should use terms such as saving time, being more hygienic, and also present waxing for men as a practical method of hair removal.
- Ensure that your spa has a masculine feel: do not decorate the waxing spa as though it is meant for the women. Use scents and colors that are neutral and also ensure that the decorations at the reception are neutral. You can put some male magazines at the reception as they will also make men feel more comfortable in the spa.
- Get a website running: You can put up a website that explains to the male clients about the entire process of waxing hair removal. This will help them to have an idea of what will be done to them when they book an appointment to have the waxing done. You should make the information on the website appear as though there is a special treatment that has been tailored for the male clients. This idea of getting something specifically for them will arouse their suspicion and a desire to experience it will pull them to your spa.
- In addition to creating an atmosphere for men in your spa, you should ensure that you do not leave the female waxing clients behind. Women have the power to bring in more male clients who could be their husbands, friends, or even close relatives. You can give them a form of incentives for every male client they will bring to your spa and this form of marketing will definitely bear many fruits.
Whenever you get a male client in your spa, ensure that you give the best services so that he will become a return client. Unlike female clients who will rush to the newly opened spa despite how good the services they are getting from their current spa are, men tend to stick around for a long time, unless you give them a reason to move away from your spa by lowering the quality of the services you are providing. As long as you give them the royal treatment they desire, a waxing for men business will never run short of customers.
Types of Wax Heaters for Use in a Spa
June 9, 2018
A wax heater is a must have for any professional aesthetician who wants to excel in the art of waxing hair removal. Some of the different wax heaters that are available in the market are listed below to help you in making an informed choice when buying one:
- Classic heaters: These are wax heaters that will either have single or double slots. Some of the classic heaters will have an aluminum pot that will be used in warming the wax while others will be sold without. If you buy a classic heater that has not wax pot, you can make use of any aluminum pot for the wax heating.
Besides warming hard wax, it will also be possible to warm soft wax using a classic heater.
- Can heaters: A can heater is made for use by soft wax cans only since the heating pot had been made according to how a soft wax can looks like.
During a waxing procedure, you will be able to leave the wax can in the heater and only remove it after the process is complete.
- Roll-on heater applicators: This is a wax heater that has a roll-on cartridge that will be warmed up to the right temperature and will then be used to directly apply wax to the client. A waxing hair removal that is carried out using this roll-on cartridge will have a more perfect outcome.
This type of heater is available in different sizes with the small ones being preferred for the removal of facial hair.
- System and combo heaters: This type of heater is convenient as different types of wax can be heated at one. The heater will either have 1 or 2 pots for the heating of hard wax but they can also be adjusted for the heating of soft wax cans.
They also have various roll-on bases and this is why they are a preferred choice for those professional spas who will want to have various types of waxes ready when a customer arrives.
- Roll-on heater bases: This wax heater will make it possible to heat more than one roll-on cartridge at the same time. There are also slots where some roll-on heater bases will be kept partially warm so that they will not take a lot of time to heat when they will be required for the wax application.
It will be important to maintain a wax heater in the right manner so that you can get value for your investment. Avoid leaving the wax heater running when you close down for the day as this will shorten the lifespan of the wax heater.
Clean the wax heater in the right manner to make it last longer and to also maintain a good image of the spa to the clients coming in for a waxing hair removal. The cleaning should be done daily after attending to the last client of the day using the right oils. Dipping a wax heater in water is not allowed as this will damage it. For ease of the removal of the residue wax before the cleaning, you will heat the wax warmer so that the wax can melt. After draining off the waxing, you will then proceed with the right cleaning procedure.