Important Tips When Buying Liability Insurance for Your Lash Extension Spa
August 7, 2018
Running an eyelash extension application business without the right insurance cover is a risk that would cost you everything you have ever worked for, including your life savings. You should ensure that you get the right insurance that will be able to cover all the expenses in case an accident occurs and a client demands compensation. Below are the important aspects that you should look out for when getting a liability insurance cover:
- It should cover all professional, products, and general liabilities: The professional liability cover will cover anything that may go wrong in the course of applying the eyelash extensions.
A general liability cover will be used when a customer falls and a complication occurs while in the spa.
The product liability cover will be used when a client suffers an adverse reaction as a result of the products used at the spa.
- Do not go for the least expensive liability policy: Look for an insurance cover that will not delay in issuing payment in case an accident occurs and not one that does not have the finances to cover a risk in case it occurs.
You should look at the reviews from spa owners who have insured with the company before to know the kind of services offered.
- Go for a liability occurrence-form insurance policy instead of the claims-made insurance policy. A liability occurrence-form insurance policy will still pay though you stopped paying your contributions if you can prove that the incident happened when the insurance was still active.
The claims-made insurance policy will only offer compensation if the contributions towards the policy are up to date.
If you have a valid insurance cover, you will offer lash extension application services with confidence knowing that if anything goes wrong, the insurance will cater for the cost. Do not wait until an accident happens and start lamenting how you wish you had taken the cover earlier.
How to Grow your Facial Therapy business
June 10, 2018
Providing facial services in a professional spa is a lucrative business if one will be persistent. When you are in the initial stages of your facial therapy career, it will be easier to give up than holding on as every customer who comes to the spa will want to have a more experienced therapist attend to her. Below is a guide on how you can grow your facial therapy career and become one of the most sought-after facial therapists:
- Be good at what you do: whenever a customer gives you a chance to carry out a facial treatment on her, give it your best. Do not give the client a chance to start wishing that he should have opted to get a more experienced therapist. Once a client is contented, he will ask for your services the next time he will need a facial and in this way, your journey to excellence will have begun.
- Stick to the spa premises even when you do not have a client: At times one will be tempted to go out in search of other commitments when there are no clients at the spa. The best option for an upcoming facial therapist is to stick to the spa’s premises even when you have nothing to do. A client may just come in and because you are the only one who is at the spa at that time, you will have a chance to work on her. Depending on the outcome, that client might become one of your most loyal customers for a very long time.
- Have a positive attitude: A spa that has many employees may at times get into disagreements and unhealthy arguments and one may be tempted to take sides. At other times, employees may gang up against the spa owner which may be very unhealthy for the business. As an upcoming facial therapist, you should ensure that you do not take sides.
- Market yourself: As an upcoming facial therapist, do not wait until a client comes to you. Tell people what you do through word of mouth as well as through social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, among others.
If you have taken the extra step and set up your own professional facial therapy, you should ensure that you print brochures that will inform people regarding the services you offer at the spa. These brochures should be given to every client who comes to the spa. Efforts should also be made to distribute the brochures to cosmetics shops, boutiques, and any other business that is associated with the beauty industry.
Customers who refer other customers to the spa should also be given a form of incentive as a way of encouraging them to bring in more customers. In doing this, a customer will have a driving force to encourage others to come for facial therapy at the spa since she knows that she will also benefit. The incentive could be in form of discounts where a certain percentage will be deducted from the next facial treatment.
Types of Wax Heaters for Use in a Spa
June 9, 2018
A wax heater is a must have for any professional aesthetician who wants to excel in the art of waxing hair removal. Some of the different wax heaters that are available in the market are listed below to help you in making an informed choice when buying one:
- Classic heaters: These are wax heaters that will either have single or double slots. Some of the classic heaters will have an aluminum pot that will be used in warming the wax while others will be sold without. If you buy a classic heater that has not wax pot, you can make use of any aluminum pot for the wax heating.
Besides warming hard wax, it will also be possible to warm soft wax using a classic heater.
- Can heaters: A can heater is made for use by soft wax cans only since the heating pot had been made according to how a soft wax can looks like.
During a waxing procedure, you will be able to leave the wax can in the heater and only remove it after the process is complete.
- Roll-on heater applicators: This is a wax heater that has a roll-on cartridge that will be warmed up to the right temperature and will then be used to directly apply wax to the client. A waxing hair removal that is carried out using this roll-on cartridge will have a more perfect outcome.
This type of heater is available in different sizes with the small ones being preferred for the removal of facial hair.
- System and combo heaters: This type of heater is convenient as different types of wax can be heated at one. The heater will either have 1 or 2 pots for the heating of hard wax but they can also be adjusted for the heating of soft wax cans.
They also have various roll-on bases and this is why they are a preferred choice for those professional spas who will want to have various types of waxes ready when a customer arrives.
- Roll-on heater bases: This wax heater will make it possible to heat more than one roll-on cartridge at the same time. There are also slots where some roll-on heater bases will be kept partially warm so that they will not take a lot of time to heat when they will be required for the wax application.
It will be important to maintain a wax heater in the right manner so that you can get value for your investment. Avoid leaving the wax heater running when you close down for the day as this will shorten the lifespan of the wax heater.
Clean the wax heater in the right manner to make it last longer and to also maintain a good image of the spa to the clients coming in for a waxing hair removal. The cleaning should be done daily after attending to the last client of the day using the right oils. Dipping a wax heater in water is not allowed as this will damage it. For ease of the removal of the residue wax before the cleaning, you will heat the wax warmer so that the wax can melt. After draining off the wax, you will then proceed with the right cleaning procedure.
How to Make the Massage Room More Inviting
June 8, 2018
The first impression when a client comes to your spa for a massage will dictate if he will want to come back or get over with the massage and run for his dear life. The following are ways that you can make the massage room look inviting:
- Ensure that there is a lighting control where you will be able to dim the lights during the massage and then brighter again when the client is dressing up.
- Create a private space where customers can safely keep their personal belongings until the massage session is over.
- Ensure that the room temperature is right; it should not be too hot or too cold as any extreme condition will make the massage very uncomfortable.
- The color that is on the walls in the massage room should be soothing so that it can create the right atmosphere for the massage.
- Ensure that the equipment that will be used for the massage is incorporated with the latest technology. If you have the latest technology in your spa, your clients will also be ready to pay well for their massage.
- Have a good sound system through which you will play soothing music that will create the right atmosphere for the massage.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene in your massage room; do not use dirty linens that have been used on other clients. Having fresh linens will make the client feel that you were prepared to offer the massage.
- If the weather is cold outside, you should make the temperature in the room warm through the use of a heated mattress. You can also warm the equipment that will be used for the massage so that it will not be cold when it comes into contact with the client’s body.
- If the weather is very hot outside, ensure that the lights are dim. You should also offer a foot bath to the client before the massage which should be done using cool water.
To make the massage room more appealing, you should ensure that the atmosphere is fresh and there is no existence of foul smells. Ventilate the massage room after a massage session before allowing the next client to come in.
You can also use sweet smelling aromatherapy oils to make the room more appealing before you let a client into the room.
If the massage room will provide an atmosphere of peace and relaxation, the clients will always look forward to attending the next session.
You should also make sure that the waiting area is as appealing as the massage room as the client who comes in early will spend some time there. Provide some forms of entertainment such as interesting magazines or even a DVD player where movies can be played. You can also make a little showroom where the clients will be able to smell or test the oils and other products that you sell in addition to providing massage. This will not just keep the clients entertained but also make the clients spend more in your spa on the purchase of the displayed products.
Check out our main page: